Thursday, 17 May 2018

The singing inspector visit

Yesterday was the worst day of my life. It was just another boring day. Till  he came the sinnig inspector. He’s name is Raymond,he has a round red face, wears huge knickerbockers and thick stockings like a hunting man. I think he looks ridiculous if I most say.
 He called us all to the hall to sing ,except Jack Long,Paulus who  only do exams and no singing and the little kids.Then we had to doh ray me fah  and  then the singing. Mr R called Charles and Benny to sing first. Then he said the long and the short sing but nothing came out. Mr R said “ Can’t you sing anything” he said angrily. Charles said with a weak voice we can sing Pretty Polly. Mr R shouted sing it then. They singing was terrible Charles sang with a low sort of voice and Benny sang with high sirt  squeaky voice. Then Mr R shouted waste of time waste of time two voiceless idiots in a singing class. He send them out , Then 
he called Jesse and she sang on the modelater a nice song. It wasn’t bad I guess . Then Mr R called me and Iris, I was terrified nothing came out my mouth. I was shivering like a wet dog Mr R said “here we have deaf and dumb where's your voice girl”. So I said “you don’t no know the first thing about singing so shut your mouth” I didn’t say it out loud but in my head. Then he called Gladys long and Winnie to help us. Ever since then I sit with the big boys learning maths.
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lethabo I like your story ,because you use very good described words a lots of times. you used a lot of gram meres. Were you scared if you were very scared when you got told that you got yelled at? I hope you will carry on writing.

    ReplyDelete